The one character trait that you will find in any successful person is that they are willing to take risks. When trying to accomplish anything extraordinary in life, you will sometimes have to take leaps of faith, not being certain of what the outcome will be. Taking risks can change your life for the better and provide the way for you to fulfill your dreams. Here are 10 inspirational quotes that I believe will awaken the risk-taker in you!
1. Take the first step in faith, you don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
2. Living with fear stops us from taking risks, and if you don’t go out on the branch, you’re never going to get the best fruit. – Sarah Parish
3. Pitiful is the person who is afraid of taking risks. Perhaps this person will never be disappointed or disillusioned; perhaps she won’t suffer the way people do when they have a dream to follow. But when the person looks back, she will hear her heart. – Paulo Coelho
4. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. – Mark Twain
5. Only those who play win. Only those who risk win. History favors risk-takers. It forgets the timid. Everything else is commentary.” – Iveta Cherneva
6. I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow. When there’s that moment of ‘Wow, I’m not really sure I can do this,’ and you push through those moments, that’s when you have a breakthrough. – Marissa Mayer
7. If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary. – Jim Rohn
8. The biggest risk is not taking any risk… In a world that is changing really quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks. – Mark Zuckerber
9. Do the thing you fear most and the death of fear is certain. – Mark Twain
10. Creative risk-taking is essential to success in any goal where the stakes are high. Thoughtless risks are destructive, of course, but perhaps even more wasteful is thoughtless caution, which prompts inaction and promotes failure to seize opportunity. – Gary Ryan Blair
Let me know which quotes motivated you to start taking risks in your life. I would love to hear from you in the comment section below.